Tuesday, August 23, 2005

To: Potential Landlords

When you post an apartment listing, I assume you are aware that this may lead to people actually calling you and wanting to look at said apartment. I do not understand why this seems to be news to so many of you. When I call you and tell you that I would like to look at an apartment, you behave as if this is some huge imposition upon your time and resources. "What?" you say, "You want to come and see the place? Can't you just make up your mind over the phone? Well, why not?" It comes as a terrible and unexpected development that people do not wish to move without knowing where they are moving to.
And this worries me. Here's the thing, see: when you act all imposed-upon because I want to come see an apartment you want me to rent, I start picturing how you are going to act when I call you and say "My stove/sink/god-forbid-toilet is broken. Please come and fix it." I picture you putting me off for days, weeks, months. I picture you whining about how you don't like to hire other people to fix things, but you can't fix it yourself because your feet hurt/you don't have time/you're really lazy. And this is exactly why I moved out of my last apartment.
So, Potential Landlords, please remember this. Be friendly and pleasant on the phone. Do not sigh and moan. This way, when you put off fixing things it will be far too late for me to escape.

5 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey!
Finding a place to live sucks!
We're feeling your pain in South Chicago!
Love
K

 
At 8/26/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger K said...

I think I have finally found a great place. Now if only I get it...

 
At 8/29/2005 8:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

keeping my fingers crossed for you.
did luke & jenny & baby get out of New Orleans okay?

 
At 9/10/2005 10:33 PM, Blogger K said...

They are fine and are moving into a new apartment in Houston.

 
At 2/14/2007 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog very informative re car insurance. In a simliar vain to car insurance would definitely recommend http://www.bargainplace.co.uk for **cheap car insurance** or **cheap home insurance**, even **cheap pet insurance**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home