Wednesday, August 10, 2005

We are living in the future.

Item #1-
I am re-reading Kim Stanley Robinson's excellent Mars series. Hard sci-fi with sociology and economics thrown in for fun, but very entertaining. I keep hearing things on NPR about NASA and their goals which make me think that these books are coming true. Very slowly. This has been slightly creepy ever since I realized that the main characters of the books are approximately my age.

Item #2-
The other day on NPR someone pronounced the current year "Twenty Oh Five". It was very unsettling. We live in two thousand five. Twenty oh five is clearly a date in the future.

Item #3-
That newly discovered planet/planetoid? They're calling it Planet X now.
"Where are we going?"
"Planet X!"
"When are we going?"
"Real soon!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home