Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Look what I got! Salvation Army is my friend. I went there to drop off a ginormous carload of stuff that Fuz and I no longer need/want, and I stopped into the thrift store, and there was a spinning wheel!
I have been drooling over pictures of spinning wheels in the Halcyon Yarns catalogs for years, but I never thought I'd be able to afford one. But there she was, covered in dust between two stools. $40. For those of you who are not in the know, this is aproximately 1/10 of what one could expect to pay for a spinning wheel. Really nice ones can cost upwards of $1,000. So, after researching the maker, asking for advice on Craftster, and checking with Fuz (space is at a premium here) I returned to the store and bought it. Yay! I am in love.
It's made by Clemes & Clemes, a manufacturer which no longer makes spinning equipment. But there are rumors that they're going to start again real soon...
In other news: we're going to France on Friday. Maybe I can buy roving to spin? We will see...

PS- No, I do not know how to spin. I'm working on that part, okay?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12/22/2007 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just FYI. I called the number listed on http://clemes.com and was able to order additional bobbins for mine. (just wone on ebay). The website is still not working, but there are people at the other end of the phone line.

 
At 11/10/2008 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 
At 9/29/2011 7:27 AM, Anonymous Katz said...

Wow, that looks really great. I wish I could have one likt that too.
HerSolution

 
At 9/29/2011 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Great photo..
you shoud have a look at Easy Forex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home