Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Little Brown Dress That Could

I am fascinated by this project. It sounds so simple: Alex Martin made a dress. Now she is wearing the dress every day for a year. But then I start thinking about it. Could I do that? What does it mean? What would I learn? What would I do differently if I couldn't change my clothes?
Reading her blog is great. She constantly questions her reasons for doing the project, as well as the things she's learning from it. She has mostly received positive comments from people. She's looking forward to the project's completion on July 7th, but she also seems pre-nostalgic. The dress has become a refuge from decision making, from time spent on fashion, from her own poor self-image. I think the most interesting blog entries will be the ones after the un-dressing party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home