Tuesday, May 23, 2006

18 Tons And What Do You Get?

Q: How do you remove 18 tons of brilliant red sand from the stage of the Lansburgh?

A: With a 17-foot tall vaccuum.

I am so not kidding.

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Longest Episode of Alias Ever.

While we were in Ithaca, we went to see Mission Impossible III with Fuz's mom, aunt, and cousins. It was the longest episode of Alias I've ever seen. Really. There were all of these suspicious similarities.
Based on these, I have assembled some handy tips in case you ever discover that your life is being written by J.J. Abrams.

Tip 1: Your spouse is a spy. Also, possibly, your best friend/parent/crush/the bag guy at Safeway. Basically everyone around you is a spy, including that polar bear they shot on Lost. This explains so many things. Unexplained absences? Spy. Unaccountable familiarity with firearms? Spy. No tells in poker? Spy. Soulfully asks you to "just trust me for now" while offering no explanations for bizarre behavior? Spy, spy, spy.

Tip 2: Your boss is also a spy, but not for who you think. You think that your ominous boss is out to get you, and, unlike most people, you are 100% correct. Your boss is a spy for a scary, secretive organization and has been using you to achieve the goals of the same.

Tip 3: No one is who you think. There exists a technology allowing people to create dopplegangers. You must never accept that anyone is who they say they are. This goes double if they ask you to lend them money, "just until payday".

Tip 4: If you are a spy, there is a good chance that your innocent significant other will be killed/tortured/blown up to get back at you. It is suggested that you only date other spies, as this only applies to non-spies. Of course, if you are dating another spy, they're not spying for who you think they're spying for...

Tip 5: That mysterious and valuable item you're been assigned to steal? Just leave it alone, okay? The people who want you to steal it for them are probably no better than the people they want you to steal it from. Your boss is evil, remember? If you absolutely must retrieve it, keep it for yourself and give your evil boss a convincing double. They will never notice this.

Above all: Trust no one, not even your parents. Especially the dead ones.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The End of the Semester

The semester is over! Yay living in Silver Spring! Yay no homework! Yay actually blogging!
I'm in Ithaca, having moved 90% of my belongings to storage. Fuz came up yesterday and helped me move, then we drove here for his cousin Ben's graduation from Ithaca College. Tomorrow we will drive back to Silver Spring with a brief stop in Philadelphia to get the other 10% of my belongings.

Things I Will Miss About My Old Apartment:
-My awesome stove. Will post pictures soon.
-Free satellite TV. Somewhere on cable, Law & Order is always playing.

Things I Will Not Miss About My Old Apartment:
-Moving the car for street cleaning
-Constant anxiety about my car getting broken into after it happened that one time.
-The dripping kitchen sink
-The lack of lighting in the kitchen
-A police officer was shot and killed two blocks down the street on Monday. I heard the gunshots. I was never really comfortable in the apartment after that. The neighborhood is not bad, it's lower middle-class, people plant flowers and take walks. I thought it was pretty safe. Apparently not safe enough for Gary Skerski, though.