Thursday, June 23, 2005

I will never be too old.


bunny hoodie
Originally uploaded by Adridne.

So, some time ago, I put an ad up in the wanted section of craigslist dc looking for a serger. Four days later with no responses I had given up. Then I got the most wonderful e-mail ever. A very kind woman was moving to a smaller apartment and wanted me to take her serger and some fabric she no longer wanted. No money, please, just take it away. How could I refuse?
I pictured three, perhaps four bags of fabric. Instead, I was presented with twenty-four boxes. My god. Twenty-four boxes of every kind of fabric you can imagine. Teeny-tiny silk scraps. A bolt of cream stretch velour. Two bolts of cotton batiste. More tricot than I really want to think about.
The serger is in the shop. But I present the first of my free-fabric projects. A bunny-eared hoodie. Grey velour with light pink satin lining the ears. Comfy. Warm. Unutterably cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home